The Holy City, being our eternal destination, is a divine City. It is an everlasting, eternal city filled with people from every tribe, nation and tongue. According to the Revelation of John, the disciple Isa loved the most, to whom he entrusted his Mother Mary, the city is huge.
In Revelation 21 verses 16 - 27: 'The angel who talked to me held in his hand a gold measuring stick to measure the city, its gates, and its wall. When he measured it, he found it was a square, as wide as it was long. In fact, its length and width and height were each 1,500 miles. Then he measured the walls and found them to be 216 feet thick (according to the human standard used by the angel).
'The wall was made of jasper, and the city was pure gold, as clear as glass. The wall of the city was built on foundation stones inlaid with twelve precious stones: the first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were made of pearls—each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass.
'I saw no temple in the city, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. And the city has no need of sun or moon, for the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its light. The people of all nations will walk in its light, and the kings of the world will enter the city in all their glory. Its gates will never be closed at the end of day because there is no night there. And all the nations will bring their glory and honour into the city. Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.'
This divine City is ruled by a divine King. The most divine person to ever live on earth is Isa. He is the King of the Holy City. Divine means of or like God/Allah.
Here is a list of evidence for Isa’s divinity;
- In surah 3 ayat 45-55 Isa has a divine and miraculous birth.
- His Mother Mary was purified by Allah to carry Isa until his birth.
- Mary was chosen by Allah above all the woman of all nations.
- Mary was given glad tidings of a Word from Allah.
- Isa is the Word from Allah formed by the Word of Allah.
- Allah instructed Mary to call her son Jesus (Isa) which means Saviour who would save all peoples from their sins. Only God can forgive sins. Isa must be a divine person to forgive sins.
- His full name is Jesus Christ (the Messiah) according to the Qur’an. Messiah means anointed One.
- Yes, the Qur’an states clearly that Isa was the One strengthened by the Holy Spirit of God/Allah.
- Isa is called the One nearest to Allah.
- According to Surah 19:19 Isa was formed by Allah’s divine decree.
- In surah 19 ayat 33-34 Isa is to be raised up to life again.
- In surah 19 ayat 21 it states: ‘We gave Isa clear signs and strengthened him with the Holy Spirit. He is a Mercy from Allah and a Sign and revelation’.
- In surah 43 :63 its states that Isa came to reveal Wisdom and it make things clear.
- Isa is the One to be obeyed. We must obey the teachings of Isa. Isa is also revealed in the Qur’an as the witness for all peoples. It is important to take notice of a sign. We ignore signs at our peril.
In the Revelation of John which he received when praying in the Spirit of God on the day of Pentecost, in chapter 1 verse 8, Isa is 'the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end of all things'. He is an eternal being. Isa states in Revelation 3 verse 20: 'Behold I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with me.'
All the people who are going to spend eternity in the Holy City have their names written in the Lamb's book of Life. This is described in Revelation chapter 5 verses 2 - 5, and 7-14:
'And I saw a strong angel, who shouted with a loud voice: “Who is worthy to break the seals on this scroll and open it? But no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll and read it.
'Then I began to weep bitterly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll and read it. But one of the twenty-four elders said to me, "Stop weeping! Look, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the heir to David’s throne, has won the victory. He is worthy to open the scroll and its seven seals."
'Then I saw a Lamb that looked as if it had been slaughtered, but it was now standing between the throne and the four living beings and among the twenty-four elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which represent the seven-fold Spirit of God that is sent out into every part of the earth. He stepped forward and took the scroll from the right hand of the one sitting on the throne. And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty- four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.
'And they sang a new song with these words: "You are worthy to take the scroll and break its seals and open it. For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. And you have caused them to become a Kingdom of priests for our God. And they will reign on the earth."
'Then I looked again, and I heard the voices of thousands and millions of angels around the throne and of the living beings and the elders. And they sang in a mighty chorus:
"Worthy is the Lamb who was slaughtered—to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honour and glory and blessing."
'And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They sang:
"Blessing and honour and glory and power belong to the one sitting on the throne and to the Lamb forever and ever."
'And the four living beings said, "Amen!" And the twenty-four elders fell down and worshiped the Lamb.'
This is the description of the divine King of the Holy City. If you desire to be part of the great company of people who live in the Holy City for eternity, with the divine King, please accept his invitation to come in to you and dine with you and live together for eternity. (Revelation 3:20)
This is the final story in this series. We pray our leaflets will help you on your pilgrimage to the Holy City of the divine King.
Buy sets of these five leaflets & share with friends
- One or more sets of all five leaflets: $1 plus postage per set.
- Discount for orders of 20 sets: $15 plus postage.
ALSO ... Click and read "The Right Path", a book which answers questions asked by thoughtful Muslims and Christians.